Sunday 20 September 2015

Rimmel *new* Match Perfection foundation

Generally I struggle to find foundations that are pale enough for my skin tone, and also give reasonable coverage. I'm not just pale, I'm transparent. With redness in my cheeks and some discolouration around my mouth. A lovely combination!



In the last couple of years Rimmel have really upped their game in the foundations department. (Massive fan of their lippies too but that's for a different post!) And finally Ivory isn't the palest shade anymore, we now have Light Porcelain too. I've been using their original Match Perfection for over a year now. I wear it most days and honestly can find little fault with it. However now Rimmel have slightly improved an already pretty brilliant product.



The main claims of the new Match Perfection are a higher SPF of 20 (from 18), 24 hour moisture hydration and a pore blurring effect. I was a little worried the higher SPF would be an issue when it came to flash photography, but haven't noticed any problems yet. It is still the medium coverage foundation I know and love, which glides on to the skin with ease. Most days I can get away with this as a base alone, but on my dodgy skin days a bit of concealer is definitely needed on top. With regards to the pore blurring effect, I can't really back this one up. The pores on my cheeks are pretty big, so the only thing that marginally helps with that is a good primer. But it does give the rest of my skin a nice soft look when on. (Little look I did using Match Perfection with a small amount of Collection concealer on the cheeks).



I normally prep my skin with a primer (normally Rimmel or Gosh) as I feel it makes application easier. This wears well with or without a primer. Usually with a primer I can go about 5 or 6 hours before I have to touch up (which is very good for my skin).

If I'm totally honest I don't see a huge change from the old formula. Slightly nicer coverage, and lasts a little longer on the skin. Regardless, it's still one of my favourites, worn most days, and will continue to be a staple in my makeup stash for the foreseeable future! Available for €9.99 in Boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment