Tuesday 2 December 2014

Ben Nye/Kryolan Translucent Powders

There are certain kit staples that almost everyone will have. In my kit, a translucent powder is one. They cover many skin tones, and you can build the product without changing the colour or tone of the foundation. As I'm obsessed with trying new things all the time, I ventured over to sunaura.ie for a nosey. This is a wonderful site to pick up professional grade products at very reasonable prices. I settled on these two :)


On the left we have Ben Nye Neutral Set Powder, and on the right Kryolan Translucent Powder. Both brand names are probably more synonymous with stage and film makeup rather than the names we're used to hearing everyday. I was going to give the pros and cons of each product, but to be honest they aren't a million miles away from each other, except for the packaging.



The value for money with this Ben Nye powder is phenomenal. There's 49g of product here (over 3 times as big as my Illamasqua one, and a third of the price). My only issue with this is the packaging. It can get a bit messy, but luckily I had an old empty powder jar to pop some in. Problem solved!
(Edit: I've heard from Danielle over at Sunaura that Ben Nye have brought in some new dome shaped packaging for certain powders, so hopefully this expands to the whole range!) 



Again this product is fantastic value, though I did pick this up in a smaller size. The Kryolan powders can be bought with slightly different undertones. I purchased TL3, which has a slightly pink undertone, though I didn't notice this too much on application.

I think I'm on to a winner with both of these. They do exactly what they promise on the tin, and both give a lovely matte finish to the skin. If I had to I'd probably give Kryolan a slight edge for keeping shine at bay that little bit extra.
Do you use translucent powder? Or prefer something with a little extra colour?

Till next time,
Toodles,






No comments:

Post a Comment