Friday 4 September 2015

Pippa For Blank Canvas Cosmetics

I've been a fan of Blank Canvas Cosmetics since I first started building my brush collection. I love to support an Irish brand when I can, and when the products are affordable and great quality it's a massive bonus. Most of my brush kit is BCC, but when they branch into the makeup area, I love to try out what they have to offer.
I have too many eye shadows and loose pigments... some may say. To me, I can never have enough! I was super excited when this arrived in the post. Before I even tested the colours I felt it would fit nicely in alongside my other palettes. The packaging is very pretty, and reminiscent of a high end brand.




The first thing I noticed upon taking a look inside was the cute names on each shadow such as 'Dodo' and 'Pipsy'. They all have a special meaning to Pippa herself, which I thought was a nice touch. 
Matte shadows can be very hit and miss, but I was really pleasantly surprised by these! The formula is very buttery and pigmented. You need very little shadow, barely swiping the brush in the palette is more than enough. They are also quite blendable, and of course it's easy to do a range of subtle or more dramatic looks with these neutral tones.


Alongside the 6 shadows, there are 3 powders including a highlight, blush and contour/bronzer. I feel these are probably suited more for lighter skin tones, which works perfectly for me! I found the highlight was particularly nice on the skin without looking too glittery. I did a quick look using the palette for a wedding, and am happy to report it was a good 10 hours before I had to top up my eye makeup again (which is quite good for my lids, even with a primer!).


At €34.99 it is definitely priced as a higher end palette, but I believe the quality is up there with some of the best. If you're looking for a handy, all in one, neutral palette, this might just be the one for you! Available from blankcanvascosmetics.com and cloud10beauty.com.

Till next time,
Toodles,





  

No comments:

Post a Comment