Monday 10 March 2014

Wet n Wild 'Balm Stain' and 'Silk Finish' Lipstick

I'm a sucker when it comes to affordable makeup brands. So when I hear of a new brand such as this gracing our shores I'm all over it! However it took me a while to actually get my hands on some Wet n Wild products as they don't sell them in my area, so I'm a bit late with the review! Nevertheless, this is the first of three parts. So read on to see how I faired in round one....



I love new lippies! I have a tendency to go for the same colours, but who doesn't need 12 different shades of red, right?! Naturally the first thing I couldn't wait to try were their lipsticks and lip crayons, so I picked up one of each. So lets start with 'Megaslicks Balm Stain':




I went for the colour 'Lady and the Vamp' which is a lovely rich plum colour. As it's in crayon form I don't tend to use a lip pencil to line my lips with this. It's also super handy for touch ups on the go if needed.

It rings in at €3.99 which is very cheap compared to many products like this on the market today. It doesn't require a sharpener as it twists at the bottom to release more product, though this may make it sightly harder to get a clean edge on the lips when the crayon wears down slightly. It claims to be a moisturising lip colour and I absolutely agree with this statement. It glides on the lips with no dragging, is quite pigmented and last very well during the day even through eating and drinking.



The flash has slightly washed out the colour as it is more opaque in real life. I really do like this and definitely will be purchasing it in some different shades.

Next up we have 'Silk Finish Lipstick' in the colour 'Hot Red':



The first thing I noticed about this was how cheap the packaging looked, but I didn't let this put me off! These are only €1.99 and come in a range of shades from nude to pink to red. The colour is more of a true red than the orangey tone shown in the shot. Again I found this glided really easily on to the lips with a lovely colour pay off. I didn't use lip liner and it didn't seem to feather at all throughout the day. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and longevity of this lipstick! I think I may be picking up a few more shades in this too. And fyi, for those obsessed with strong smells in makeup like myself, it doesn't have that "typical plastic cheap lipstick" smell!:)


(When you put these in your handbag you may want to pop them in a small makeup bag first as the lids aren't that sturdy and you don't wanna be scraping lipstick from the bottom of your favourite River Island tote :) )

Available in Dunnes Stores and selected pharmacies nationwide.

Til next time,
Toodles,


No comments:

Post a Comment