Tuesday 23 December 2014

Dealz 'Makeup Gallery' range: Lipstick

Dealz may actually be the best shop to ever come to my town. Screw Euro 2, Dealz is the place to be. Whether its sweets, mugs, decor for your home, or a connection for your phone, they probably have it, at the very modest price of €1.49. So imagine my excitement when my friend told me they had released their very own makeup range! I scurried off asap to my local (luckily only about 2 mins from my home) to have a gander. Sure enough there was a full range of lipsticks, glosses and foundations to name but a few. I decided to only pick up two things as I wasn't sure what to expect from such an unbelievably affordable range. Two lippies to add to my expanding collection....


I've been fairly obsessed with dark colours lately. I figured if their darkest colours where pigmented, I might be on to something good here. I choose a dark plum called 'Black Cherry' and a deep red, aptly named 'Deep Red'! Straight away I had an issue with the packaging. I find with a lot of cheaper lippie brands (NYC, Wet n Wild) that the lipstick bullet is always protruding out, meaning when you're closing the lid it's very easy to dent your lipstick. But at €1.49, I can handle it!


Firstly, they passed the 'sniff' test. Yes, I firstly smell every lipstick before I try as I can't stand that cheap waxy smell. These have no scent at all. Wonderful! The colours are just as rich as shown in the picture. I was surprised and impressed with the pigment. They also glide on nicely. They claim to be a 'moisture lipstick' and I'm inclined to agree.


The flash is slightly washing out the colours here. When I applied them to my lips I used a lip pencil underneath first (as I always do). And I'm pleased to report that even after a few hours the product hadn't budged. After eating and drinking, it faded to a degree but didn't leave that ugly line around my lips like a lot of dark colours tend to do. I'm incredibly impressed with these and cannot wait to pick up more! (My local shop has very little in at the moment so obviously I'm not the only fan!) I did however pick up two of their nail varnishs today after hearing wonderful things so expect another review soon! Two thumbs up Dealz :)

Till next time, 
Toodles,




2 comments:

  1. I see we both love the same colors of this lipstick :)

    http://angelaendzel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful taste :) the shots on your blog are beautiful!

      Delete