Tuesday 6 January 2015

W7 Palette review

I confess.... I'm an eyeshadowaholic... Wow feels better getting that off my chest! And with that revelation comes my latest purchase. W7 is an affordable brand that's getting more hype as of late. They have a range of makeup, including palettes (that resemble a certain higher end brand!) I decide to purchase two of these, 'In the Buff' and 'In the Night'. At €10 a palette they thankfully won't break the bank!


I've filmed a video on my thoughts of these products which I will link below, but I thought swatches and close up shots were best kept on the blog! First up, 'In the Night':


This is definitely more of an evening palette (surprise surprise) which I feel would be slightly more suited to someone with green eyes. The colours are all named on the back which is a nice touch, featuring titles such as 'Wonderland' and 'Top Hat'. Below are swatches on my arm which unfortunately no matter what I did, kept being washed out by the flash! 


Next up is 'In the Buff':


This is probably my favourite of the two as I love golds and bronzes. I do feel these colours would make blue eyes really pop. Again they all have names, such as 'Chocolate' 'Topaz' and 'Silk'.


I will definitely get use out of both palettes as they are very versatile. As for pigment and staying power, they aren't quite as strong as others, but for the price I really do think they're wonderful. I also am quite impressed at how sturdy the packaging is.  I would definitely suggest picking up one to try out yourself.

Til next time,
Toodles,
Check out the accompanying video at : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUrXXVrIZs4&feature=youtu.be





2 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to pick up one of these but every time I see one I haven't got the money on me. Good to see you like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's always the way isn't it! I was like that for ages, glad I eventually did though! x

      Delete