Wednesday 8 January 2014

L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara


I'll be the first to admit I love nothing more then picking up some new makeup, whether it's repurchasing old favourites, or trying something new. However, I'm never too adventurous when it comes to one product: mascara. 


I usually stick to the cheaper brands (namely Catrice) when it comes to mascara as I feel most are pretty much the same. My lashes are reasonably full (on one eye anyway!) and long enough. I don't feel any super formula or new style of brush is going to really change this!

Earlier this week I was in Boots and the stand for the new L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara caught my eye. I threw caution to the wind and decided to give it a go :) It comes in black, turquoise and purple. I stuck to good old black.


The most interesting thing about this product is the wand. It's their first '360 degree flexible cone shaped brush'. It also contains collagen spheres and a trilogy of polymers for hold and staying power.


So all these claims aside, how did it fair? Well I have to say I really like the shape of this wand. I find it easy to cover all my lashes, even the smallest. However if you are too heavy handed you can end up with spider lashes so tread lightly. With regards to the flexible wand, in my opinion it's pointless. You would need to push the brush quite roughly against your lashes for it to bend at all, so to me it seems like a pointless gimmick. The formula doesn't flake during the day, and it is a deep black colour which I'm happy with. And about it's claim of 'mega volume'... judge for yourself:


Overall I'm not too impressed with this mascara. I mainly only picked it up as it was on sale for 8.99. It's regular price will be 13.49, which I think is more than it's worth. I really don't feel it's that much better than my usual 4.49 one! Although I will use this tube, I won't be repurchasing.

Till next time,
Toodles,


No comments:

Post a Comment