Monday 6 January 2014

Maybelline's Color Tattoo 24HR Eyeshadow

Over the Christmas I picked up, and received, quite a few makeup bits. Admittedly, I don't ever really need an excuse to buy new makeup, but it's nice to have one anyway...



So although I was a bit slow to pick up these next bad boys, now that I've gotten my hands on them I can't do a makeup look without them! I'm talking about Maybelline's Color Tattoo 24HR Eyeshadow.



I picked up two colours as they were on offer. I chose 'Permanent Taupe' and 'Pink Gold' as I wear a lot of natural colours day to day. 'Permanent Taupe' is a matte taupe (duh) while 'Pink Gold' is a pink toned shimmering gold (again duh). So they do what they say on the tin! Seems good so far.


Immediately I loved the colours, although they don't show up too true on camera with the flash. The 'Pink Gold' isn't quite as shimmery in real life... The flash gave it a bit of an extra kick!


So that's all well and good, but how do they last? They're a dream to apply. I used a fluffy brush to sweep them over my lid and into my crease. I tested these both with eyeshadow over and without. They work beautifully as a base, and my eyeshadow didn't budge at all, all day! I was more wary to try these by themselves as they are cream shadows, however they lasted amazingly well! After about 8 hours they started to slightly crease, however with a little blending of my finger, my eye makeup was good as new!

I'm a huge fan of these, and at €10.49* in Boots I think these are brilliant value as they will last you a long time. I'll definitely be picking up more colours soon.

Until next time,
Toodles,


* I was in Boots today (7th Jan) and these are priced at €7.49, not €10.49 as said on website

No comments:

Post a Comment