Wednesday 24 September 2014

Rimmel Day 2 Night mascara vs Collection Supersize mascara


One makeup product I never like to spend a huge amount on is mascara. In my very humble opinion most are very similar, and dry out far to quick to fork out anything over €10. But nevertheless I love trying out new ones. So today I have reviewed two reasonably priced (even if one is slightly over my usual budget!) little gems.


First up is Rimmels Day 2 Night. The 'science' behind this double wand idea is one gives your lashes length for day time while one the other gives extra volume for night time. It's a nice idea, two mascaras in one, but does it work?




Well I'm happy to report back, yes it does! The length side really does give the appearance of longer lashes, while the volume side also does what it says on the tin (provided you don't go to heavy handed with it). It drys pretty quickly, and doesn't flake throughout the day. At €10.19 in Boots, it's definitely worth a try :)


Volumising 

So next up is a slightly cheaper product, with no 'two fancy wands', yet it left me pleasantly surprised. I picked up Collections Supersize mascara on a whim as part of a deal in Boots. I didn't have great hopes as it retails at €3.99 but boy was I wrong.


It claims to give 'fat lashes'. That's what we all want, right?... I don't know about fat, but this definitely gave me volume and a little lengthening with any clumping at all. It's also possible to build up layers on this without ending up looking like a spider who fell into a bottle of ink. I highly recommend picking this up even if you aren't on a budget. Collection have gotten it right again.


What mascara would be your all time fav? Which ones do you repurchase again and again?

Til next time,
Toodles,

No comments:

Post a Comment